Lemon Thyme

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lemon Thyme

Hi all, this is my first meander over to this section as by default i just load up directly into the fruit section 'feeling fruity' were i generally comment on all posts regarding apple trees!

My query is regarding Lemon Thyme. Ive been growing herbs for some time now, mainly for their benefits when growing with other plants, their appearance and that delightful smell you get when you rub your hands in them; in particular Lemony herbs.

Im just wondering, does Lemon Thyme have the same medicinal properties as the traditional Thyme?

I've recently become aware of the various culinary/medicinal uses of Thyme and would love to prepare my own drinks/tea.

I'm also interested in peoples experience regarding the medicinal properties of Thyme i.e. does it work? Do you make a flask full and drink throughout the day? If so, i'd much rather drink something healthy than the usual items available from vending machines at uni.

I have this little book by Lesley Bramness, it's great to refer back to if I'm in doubt about some herb or another. I would think that Lemon thyme would work just as good as the traditional thyme but have the lemony flavour to it. I like to use it in salad dressings for that reason, its also great for indigestion, it's also said that thyme is good for the memory when drank as an infused tea. Its also a good antiseptic.

THE ESSENTIAL HERBS HANDBOOK at The Greenshop

Comment

Originally posted by chrisguk View Post
      i'd much rather drink something healthy than the usual items available from vending machines at uni.
      Whether thyme has magical properties or not, it's got to be better for you than plastic coffee
      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

thanks for the recommendation GN!

Haha, im referring to the Coke and all coke related products which are detrimental to ones well being (Being a bit dramatic there)

The coffee aint generally to bad as there a coffee kiosks everywere which prepare it freshly!

The medicinal effects would be pretty much on cue, i have a severe case of the man-flu!

Comment

Originally posted by chrisguk View Post
          The medicinal effects would be pretty much on cue, i have a severe case of the man-flu!
          Curry, hot as you can manage, I've always found that one of the best cures. It won't get rid of it, but you'll assume the running nose is from the chillis and the burning tongue takes your mind off the head/all-over-body ache.

That and lots and lots of sympathy
          Current Executive Board Members at Ollietopia Inc:
          Snadger - Director of Poetry
          RedThorn - Chief Interrobang Officer
          Pumpkin Becki - Head of Dremel Multi-Tool Sales & Marketing and Management Support
          Jeanied - Olliecentric Eulogy Minister
          piskieinboots - Ambassador of 2-word Media Reviews

WikiGardener a subsidiary of Ollietopia Inc.

Comment

Hi folks,

Can anyone recommend a source of seeds for lemon thyme? I have been looking all over for some and can't find any.

Thanks,
            Anna

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X