Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chocolate mint

hi,
    was wondering if anyone knew where i might be able to buy some chocolate mint seeds, i have a site that sells them as plants, but would rather some seeds.

many ta's

sophie
    sophie.x

http://www.dressedupdigger.blogspot.com/

Hmmm...I've a feeling that that variety is sterile...so you'll need to buy plugs
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

I'd buy neither. I'd find out who has some, and take cuttings. They will root in a few days.

Comment

thank you both.

looks like it'll be the grown plants if i cant get seeds. I dont know anyone that has one, i was talking to me lottie neighbour the other day and he didnt know you could get them, so i doubt others on the lottie will have them, i havent seen any around the other plots when i went for a nosy the other day. i suppose once i but a plant i can then make loads of cuttings!

i'm quite good at getting mint cuttings to root, lol, which doesnt say much about my gardening skills, since its so easy to do!

thankyou for your advice!
        sophie.x

http://www.dressedupdigger.blogspot.com/

Comment

I got my chocolate mint off eBay (and yes, it is the genuine article)
          All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Well, you could always ask on here and offer to send an SAE in return for some cuttings....

Comment

Chocolate mint?????
              Well I never knew that...
              Another reason I'm glad I joined!!!
              Aspiring grow-your-own good-life goddess...

Comment

I have plenty, bit late to send some now but I don't mind trying

Comment

appologies for resuracting this thread, but can anyone recommend a good on-line supplier of chocolate mint. None of my normal plant sources have any. Thanks, anna

Comment

anna, I have lots of chocolate mint and you can gladly have some
                    buuut, I have never taken cuttings before so if someone can give me an idiots guide as to the best way to do it that would be grand

Comment

Carol: this is how to take stem cuttings: Herbs - raise new mint plants | How to | Projects | BBC Gardeners' World

You can also take root cuttings (see link in my post a bit further down)
                      Last edited by Two_Sheds; 15-04-2011, 07:18 AM. Reason: clarity...?????

Comment

Excellent Two Sheds, thank you, now for posting would I just wrap the stems in wet tissue and stick them in a jiffy bag?
                        anna, pm me and some cuttings will be yours

Comment

Carol- I have sent you a PM

Comment

Oke doke,
                            too short, righty ho

Comment

Originally posted by CaroltheCarrot View Post
                              for posting would I just wrap the stems in wet tissue and stick them in a jiffy bag?
                              Tissue then cling film is good, you don't want to soak the Jiffy bag

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X