corriander

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• corriander

Hello all, I let a corriander plant goto seed last summer, What i wnat to know is will I be able to just plant the seeds in the ground or plant them in pots in the green house first
    Thanks Mr muck.

I've only ever grown in in tubs so am not sure how you'd get on in the garden. The main reason I go for pots is so that I can keep a ready supply by the back door and move it out the way when it goes to seed / is finished. Bit early for me to be planting it yet though as it's tender.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Thanx alison, But i wasnt going to plant it until april, Iv got loads of seed and was thinking of companion planting around my allotment,

Comment

2 years ago I had a coriander plant in a pot that went to seed - it was next to the lawn. I spent months pulling up coriander seedlings out of the lawn after that.

However, by choice I would start them in pots and plant out when a few inches tall. You get sooooo much seed from one plant and I keep a few for growing (usually get 2 plants from each seed), toast a load and put them in a pepper mill for use in the kitchen, and then give the rest away (usually to the bin as there are that many).

Comment

I planted seed in the lottie and they grew just fine. Still in leaf until after Christmas too!

Comment

Thanx guys n girls ,Already got some toasted and crushed to powder and use it a lot in currys n stuff Still got enough for me allotment and me herb bed at home

Comment

They need warm soil muckman so if you want to plant in April I'd put them in pots in the growhouse first. Otherwise wait till the end of May when you are past the last frost and the ground has warmed up nicely.
              Bright Blessings
              Earthbabe

If at first you don't succeed, open a bottle of wine.

Comment

Thank you earthbabe.

Comment

The ones I chucked on my herb bed in the middle of August last year have carried on until now , but did not make seed. Will experiment more this year and report.
                  My parsley is doing fine and will make seed this year for the following year. We already cropped a whole row about 2 lb. (BW's fault - he planted the packet!!!) I've got enough in the freezer to make some wine if we want.

Comment

Eee gads! MB. What is parsley wine like?
                    Bright Blessings
                    Earthbabe

If at first you don't succeed, open a bottle of wine.

Comment

Don't know yet EB but CJJ Berry has the recipe, and I've got 1 1/2 lbs in the freezer, so am about to discover. I'll make it my next brew, probably tomorrow and let you know.
                      Only problem is that I've chopped the parsley and I'm not sure how I'm going to filter it after boiling!!! Could be 'interesting' Will keep you posted.

Comment

Muslin cloths and patience Jane!
                        Kris

I child-proofed my house, but they still manage to get in.

Muddy Musings - a blog

Comment

yes, fortunately I have inherited four differnt gauge filter bags, two of which might do the trick. If you see pictures of me with green bits in my teeth you'll know why.....

Comment

Originally posted by madderbat View Post
                            yes, fortunately I have inherited four differnt gauge filter bags, two of which might do the trick. If you see pictures of me with green bits in my teeth you'll know why.....
                            In dentibus anticis frustum magnum spiniciae habes
                            The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
                            Brian Clough

Comment

Originally posted by madderbat View Post
                              Don't know yet EB but CJJ Berry has the recipe, and I've got 1 1/2 lbs in the freezer, so am about to discover. I'll make it my next brew, probably tomorrow and let you know.
                              Only problem is that I've chopped the parsley and I'm not sure how I'm going to filter it after boiling!!! Could be 'interesting' Will keep you posted.
                              Use what used to be known as a jelly bag. Either that or muslin

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X