Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by running_muttley View Post
    Just wondered is tarragon hardy?
    Granted, we don't get real frosts here, the coldest it has been in the garden so far is +3, but my Russian tarragon is now shooting well again and is about 4" tall now (the bits the slugs didn't get that is)

Comment

RM - not hardy as such, however it can be classed as a tender perennial. Mine usually survives most winters. It didn't 05/06 and the leaves have died back this winter however I shall wait until a bit later in the year before I decide if it has had it or not. Most things seem to have survived ok this winter. My bronze fennel is still putting out small fluffy fronds.
      Bright Blessings
      Earthbabe

If at first you don't succeed, open a bottle of wine.

Comment

Originally posted by running_muttley View Post
        Just wondered is tarragon hardy? I know it's a bit too late to ask, mine looks well dead, will it burst into life in the spring?
        I have tarragon in a very dry east facing border. I suppose it is French. Would they sell Russian? Anyway it has been there for there 3 years and survived -13C and at the moment builders walking all over it. Every time they go away and it warms up it tries to grow.

Looks like hardy to me
        Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

You never know with the French, it probably is their own they aren't very good at imports are they
          Bright Blessings
          Earthbabe

If at first you don't succeed, open a bottle of wine.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X