Coriander

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coriander

What am I so rubbish at growing herbs? Never seem to get it right. Have been trying to grow coriander, started inside then potted up and spending its time in the greenhouse. Was thinking I would plant it out in the beds next month and see how it does. Then noticed that it is stating to go to seed already. Really frustrated haven’t even got anything from it yet as was letting it grow and bulk up a bit first.

Direct sow seeds next month.

I think you sowed them too early, then kept them nice and warm, so they bolted. Never mind, they'll give you plenty of coriander seed.
    Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
    Endless wonder.

Comment

Oh ok will try that.

Comment

Plant them in spring for seed and autumn for leaves, they will over winter in the ground.
        Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

I did have a couple out in the beds but they died over winter. Maybe too cold here ?

Comment

Self set seeds from last year have germinated in our beds. Coriander does better for us early and late in the season, in summer it just bolts.
            Location ... Nottingham

Comment

I've never managed to get coriander in leaf long enough to use before it bolts. Not just me then.
              Mostly flowers, some fruit and veg, at the seaside in Edinburgh.

Comment

Mines a bit hit and miss some years I get a good crop of leaves others it just bolts seeds are handy though.
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Am thinking I’ll plant out the ones I have and sow some more seed. You never know.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X