Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cardamom from seeds

Hi everyone
    So I was rummaging in the spice cupboard the other day and came upon the cardamom pods, which got me to wondering if I could grow them on from the seeds. Since it's one of my favourite aromatic spices it would be nice to grow some of my own, although I would assume they would be undercover or in the house.
    Has anyone done this with any success? If so how did you go about it?

Thanks in advance
    There are no gardening mistakes, only learning curves

No matter how big the job or overwhelming the task, a good dose of sheer obstinacy and bloody-mindedness should see you through

https://www.wikihow.com/Grow-Cardamom

Good luck!

Comment

How to Grow Cardamom | Guide to Growing Cardamom

10 feet tall could be a problem, though in Angus keeping it damp won't be a problem lol.

Comment

especially this week Burnie

will check out the links thanks

No matter how big the job or overwhelming the task, a good dose of sheer obstinacy and bloody-mindedness should see you through

Comment

https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...ces_98117.html

I bought the pods (supermarket spice shelf) but haven't sown any.

Comment

well after reading those it sounds like I would need an orange house to grow them maybe a project for another time!

Comment

Green Cardamon are picked immature so I'm not sure if the seeds will germinate. Black cardamon are the mature pods so you'd probably need the seeds from these, if they haven't been removed.

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
              ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
              ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X