Lidl mini roses

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lidl mini roses

Picked myself up a couple of mini roses today form lidl, £1.50 each thought they were worth a go. I've never planted roses before will they be ok in multipurpose compost with fbb?

I'm planing on putting them into small containers with a mix of grow more & fbb. Has anyone else tried theses roses from lidl? If so what did you think of them?

Steve.

They should be fine in MPC. I'd use either FBB or Growmore, not both. The MPC will have some fertiliser in it so if you add too much more you run the risk of overdosing your new roses and maybe killing them. Personally I would use the FBB as it is slow release, lasting longer and giving a steadier growth than Growmore. It's also organic, which for me is the way to go.

(Actually I'd use blood and bonemeal only, as I don't agree with stripping the sea of fish just to spread it on my garden, but that's a whole other thread...)
    Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
    Endless wonder.

Comment

You don't need to feed roses much in their first year. I'd wait until their 2nd year before feeding. If you can, mix some clay in with the MPC as roses like clay, and it will enable the soil mixture to retain water better.

Also a rose should not be put into too small a pot as they will soon become pot bound. If you bought a true miniature or patio roses I'd use at least a 10" pot.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X