Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feverfew - What to do?

Hi Guys,
    A few bit broke off the plant outside and I would like to "Save" them if possible.

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...-fever-few.jpg

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...ew-what-do.jpg

I have some rooting gel and was going to give them a quick dip and pot them up.

Does anyone know a better way?

TIA

Feverfew is fairly tough. I would reduce the leafy growth by at least half, on the right hand piece anyway, because that top will wilt, then just shove the bits in a pot or in the ground, and keep well watered until it they start to make new growth again.

This is what I would do. Cut down to the red line - plant deep to the blue line. Water well.
    Attached Files
    Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
    Endless wonder.

Comment

Or wait a year, by which time you'll be ripping out its ruddy seedlings from all over the garden!
      All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
      Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

I wouldn't worry to much so long as you have a plant to flower in a year or so you will be pulling them up as weeds, it seeds everywhere!
        Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

Originally posted by mothhawk View Post
          Feverfew is fairly tough. I would reduce the leafy growth by at least half, on the right hand piece anyway, because that top will wilt, then just shove the bits in a pot or in the ground, and keep well watered until it they start to make new growth again.

This is what I would do. Cut down to the red line - plant deep to the blue line. Water well.
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]44694[/ATTACH]
          Thanks so much for taking the time to do the "Picture instructions" Mohawk

Comment

It is suppose to be good for migraine headaches, just as well because your have one once it spreads

Comment

I like feverfew, I have the semi-double one. The foliage is decorative and the flowers are attractive. It seeds everywhere, so I pull up most of it and keep or move bits in good spots.
              My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
              Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

Thanks guys, I'll have a look out for seedlings this year, I did try and grow some from seed and only 1 came up

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X