The Cutting Garden Flower Challenge 2014

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by robmarston View Post
    Um not really cut flowers but I thought these buttercups worked. [ATTACH]45188[/ATTACH]

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum
    I agree, they look nice
    DottyR

Comment

those lupins were supposed to be blue, so they're all coming out: about 20 plants
      Attached Files
      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Sweet rocket, aquilegia, thalictrum aquilegifolium, with some ferns and honesty seedheads.
        And I've just realised I'm allergic to one of these, as my wrists have come out in hives
        Attached Files
        Last edited by WPG; 24-05-2014, 01:36 PM.

Comment

The arrangements are all gorgeous, next year I'm growing flowers as well as veg

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum
          Bex

Comment

cut flowers, mid-late May

* although I do have to spray (Vitax Organic 2 in 1) for blackspot on the roses: picking the leaves off doesn't work
            Attached Files

Comment

The wallflowers! Nooooooooo!
              Last edited by Raybon; 29-05-2014, 05:15 PM.

Comment

What lovely displays. I just cant bring myself to cut any of my flowers. I love watching the bees hopping from one flower to the other. I try to grow flowers that will provide food for my local bee population.

Comment

Originally posted by shushkin! View Post
                  I try to grow flowers that will provide food for my local bee population.
                  As do the rest of us.
                  I only cut a small proportion of the flowers in my garden, and I'm only doing it this year, for this thread.

Comment

Sorry, not trying to upset anyone.

Comment

3 June

honeysuckle, Iceberg & Boule de Neige roses, cerinthe, sweet pea
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Two_Sheds; 05-06-2014, 09:19 AM.

Comment

What lovely displays. I just cant bring myself to cut any of my flowers. I love watching the bees hopping from one flower to the other. I try to grow flowers that will provide food for my local bee population.
                        Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
                        As do the rest of us.
                        I only cut a small proportion of the flowers in my garden, and I'm only doing it this year, for this thread.
                        Sorry, not trying to upset anyone.
                        I tend not too cut mine either for a variety of reasons, OH gets bad hayfever and they usually last longer in the garden. I do however grow loads of them so that I can see them flowering through the windows so get a display that way. That said, am liking looking at some of these, particularly as most are natural looking rather than horrible contrived things that were popular a while back and never really reflect the natural beauty of the flowers.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

I don't mind cutting flowers when I've got a glut of the same flower. At the moment my allotment is getting overrun by ox eye daisy and poppy, so picking a few doesn't make any difference. I've also added some ferns, honesty seed-heads and a few chive flowers.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Just wanted to say how much I am enjoying your flower displays peeps!....thank you for sharing
                            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

I don't really do cut flowers but my dog (Trevor he came to us with the name ) has taken to chasing lizards in my flower border - these were hors de combat so I pooped them into a glass with a bit of water, I thought they looked quite pretty.

Attached Files
                              A garden is a lovesome thing, God wot! (Thomas Edward Brown)

Comment

You should start "doing" cut flowers Scarey, they look really nice................It's not often you get a bloke saying that but credit where credit's due.............
                                sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                                --------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                                -------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                                -----------------------------------------------------------
                                KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X