X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scarey55
    replied
    Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
    You should start "doing" cut flowers Scarey, they look really nice................It's not often you get a bloke saying that but credit where credit's due.............
    Whay, thank you kind sir

*does a little curtsey.

Leave a comment:

• scarey55
    replied
    Oopsie, weelll, I am partly French now! glad to have given you a giggle

Leave a comment:

• veggiechicken
    replied
    Originally posted by scarey55 View Post
    these were hors de combat so I pooped them into a glass with a bit of water,
    They're lovely Scarey, but you sound like Officer Crabtree - I can't stop giggling.

Leave a comment:

• Bigmallly
    replied
    You should start "doing" cut flowers Scarey, they look really nice................It's not often you get a bloke saying that but credit where credit's due.............

Leave a comment:

• scarey55
    replied
    I don't really do cut flowers but my dog (Trevor he came to us with the name ) has taken to chasing lizards in my flower border - these were hors de combat so I pooped them into a glass with a bit of water, I thought they looked quite pretty.

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Just wanted to say how much I am enjoying your flower displays peeps!....thank you for sharing

Leave a comment:

• WPG
    replied
    I don't mind cutting flowers when I've got a glut of the same flower. At the moment my allotment is getting overrun by ox eye daisy and poppy, so picking a few doesn't make any difference. I've also added some ferns, honesty seed-heads and a few chive flowers.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Alison
    replied
    Originally posted by shushkin! View Post
    What lovely displays. I just cant bring myself to cut any of my flowers. I love watching the bees hopping from one flower to the other. I try to grow flowers that will provide food for my local bee population.
    Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
    As do the rest of us.
    I only cut a small proportion of the flowers in my garden, and I'm only doing it this year, for this thread.
    Sorry, not trying to upset anyone.
    I tend not too cut mine either for a variety of reasons, OH gets bad hayfever and they usually last longer in the garden. I do however grow loads of them so that I can see them flowering through the windows so get a display that way. That said, am liking looking at some of these, particularly as most are natural looking rather than horrible contrived things that were popular a while back and never really reflect the natural beauty of the flowers.

Leave a comment:

• Two_Sheds
    replied
    3 June

honeysuckle, Iceberg & Boule de Neige roses, cerinthe, sweet pea
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Two_Sheds; 05-06-2014, 09:19 AM.

Leave a comment:

• shushkin!
    replied
    Sorry, not trying to upset anyone.

Leave a comment:

• Two_Sheds
    replied
    I try to grow flowers that will provide food for my local bee population.
    As do the rest of us.
    I only cut a small proportion of the flowers in my garden, and I'm only doing it this year, for this thread.

Leave a comment:

• shushkin!
    replied
    What lovely displays. I just cant bring myself to cut any of my flowers. I love watching the bees hopping from one flower to the other. I try to grow flowers that will provide food for my local bee population.

Leave a comment:

• Raybon
    replied
    The wallflowers! Nooooooooo!
    Last edited by Raybon; 29-05-2014, 05:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Two_Sheds
    replied
    cut flowers, mid-late May

* although I do have to spray (Vitax Organic 2 in 1) for blackspot on the roses: picking the leaves off doesn't work
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Bex
    replied
    The arrangements are all gorgeous, next year I'm growing flowers as well as veg

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X