Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yesterday french marigolds, pansies, Camille and sunflowers.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Sowed petunia purple velvet today.

Comment

Yesterday - asters, zinnias, ipomoea, strawflowers and French marigolds.
        Location ... Nottingham

Comment

On Thursday I sowed cosmos Polidor mixed. Today there is a seedling up already.
          Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
          Endless wonder.

Comment

Alyssum, ageratum, poached egg plant (very old seed), calendula and Lilliput zinnias.

Comment

Cosmos germination has been patchy so planted a few more cosmos bright light. Plan to put them in my new cut flower bed in the veg bit of the garden.

Comment

Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
                Alyssum, ageratum, poached egg plant (very old seed), calendula and Lilliput zinnias.
                Pity you're so far away. My poached egg plants which form a carpet under the pear tree and one of the apples self seed every year and try to keep spreading out. Everone that admires them gets invited to dig some up and take them away.

Comment

Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
                  Its been two weeks and no sign of my French marigolds looks like i'll be sown more seeds.
                  My french marigolds also failed so I have more seed coming in the post to try again.
                  Cosmos casanova sown today. I hadn’t realised they were shorter so have tall ones on the way.
                  Doing sunflowers as they chit, so far just the one has made a move but am ever hopeful.

Comment

My French marigolds need potting on now,not all of them germinated tho -
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	69428113-BD8C-4E2F-8F78-53A54B0102A1.jpeg
Views:	113
Size:	1.01 MB
ID:	2543492

Comment

Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
                      Yesterday french marigolds, pansies, Camomile and sunflowers.
                      All these are now seedlings
                      The camomile looks a bit weedy I've not grown it before so not sure what to expect.
                      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Originally posted by greenishfing View Post
                        I've just planted the sweet pea seeds I put to soak yesterday. They were some that I saved myself two years ago so I've no idea if they are any good but I did store them in a mini jam jar. I've planted about 100 so I'm hoping at least some appear.
                        Not one has appeared. I presume either they don't store well or I did something wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by greenishfing View Post

Not one has appeared. I presume either they don't store well or I did something wrong.
                          Mine were slow appearing,then I watered from below instead of the top & they’ve appeared,the seed are a couple of years old two maybe three?

Comment

Sowed some osteospurmum, three types of sunflowers and some silene in trays for the new cut flower bed. Held of planing anything direct as forecast to be pretty cold overnight here next week.

Comment

Originally posted by mothhawk View Post
                              On Thursday I sowed cosmos Polidor mixed. Today there is a seedling up already.
                              That was 24th March and it is the only seed to germinate. We all seem to be having germination problems - it can't be all of us doing it wrong, so it must be poor quality seed or compost, or both.
                              Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                              Endless wonder.

Comment

A dozen cosmos casanova are up and on the other side of the seed tray the cosmos candy stripe sown 2 days later have already overtaken them. French marigolds sown 1 April on the windowsill are all up. The ones left in the gh are just starting to show. African marigolds sown today on windowsill. These are both fresh seed.
                                The chitted sunflower duly rotted when potted up. 8 more to go then its off to the garden centre.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X