Now!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now!

We've just emptied some rather sa looking pots from the garden and want to replace with something new.

Any suggestions on what to plant out now (we'll be popping to a garden centre on Friday)

also we have rather a windy front which seems intent on scorching / totally drying anything in a pot out the front so any suggestions for there too would be appreciated.
    "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
    - Henry Beard

Good time of year to plant some bulbs in pots.

Comment

I’d suggest bulbs too but plant some winter flowering pansies on top of them.
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Ah great thanks, we usually do some sort of spring/summer bulbs but have never really thought about a winter bulb. i hall have to take a look and see what i can find
        "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
        - Henry Beard

Comment

If you want a bulb that flowers in late autumn you could try nerines (bright pink - https://www.sarahraven.com/articles/...d-grow-nerines) or schizostylus (various colours, bright red, pink, pale pink - https://www.gardenersworld.com/plant...occinea-major/).

You'd be buying plants in bud though if you want flowers this year.

They both flower into October or later, even here in Edinburgh. The schizostylus can keep throwing up flowers till December if it's mild.

If you want bulbs in the winter I think you'd need to look at some of the earliest flowering snowdrops, some come up in December/January.
          Mostly flowers, some fruit and veg, at the seaside in Edinburgh.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X