Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02862.JPG
Views:	148
Size:	1.02 MB
ID:	2530101

Leave a comment:

• annie8
    replied
    From the back I am loving this dahlia. Really rich red colour. Click image for larger version

Name:	97790302-3F75-4207-97AA-F4C19F1C067A.jpeg
Views:	197
Size:	1.06 MB
ID:	2530091

Leave a comment:

• annie8
    replied
    Latest highlights are the emergence of the the rudbekia. I don’t usually have that colour in the front garden but I do like them and they enjoy the full sun of the front. The flowers of the lemon vebena are tiny but I just love the plant as the smell reminds me of lemon sherbets and the flowers are looking good against the salvia amistad. Also discovers some nicotiana which must have self seeded from last year.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by annie8; 26-07-2021, 07:16 AM.

Leave a comment:

• annie8
    replied
    Today’s highlight has to be the nigella flowers. The blue ones are nearly there but this is a white one I am growing for the first time. So beautiful.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• quanglewangle
    replied
    Just visited Abbey Gardens on Tresco. Beautiful but the the striking thing is the absence of weeds. I suppose a team of gardeners, a hundred or so years, and forty kilometres to the nearest dandelion (my garden) all help.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG1626369928928.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	1.55 MB
ID:	2529337

Leave a comment:

• quanglewangle
    replied
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG1626118078300.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.55 MB ID:	2529152 This lawn was wrecked by a leatherjacket infestation two years ago. Repeated nematode treatment, along with reseeding snd feeding has almost brought it back.

Now just have to deal with the weed grasses - the paler patches. Relentless verticutting and more reseeding I suppose.
    Last edited by quanglewangle; 12-07-2021, 07:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• annie8
    replied
    Star of the show at the moment is the eryngium big blue. It may be incredibly jaggy but looking great against the angels wings and bees love it. I am also excited to see the first cornflower. Love them too.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• annie8
    replied
    And back from 10 days holidays and the plants seems to have grown about a foot. Loads of rain and sun I think. Started cutting things back a bit as looking a bit wild. A few things are looking good thought will post some pics tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Beautiful!
    Thanks for sharing

Leave a comment:

• annie8
    replied
    Finally for now the lupins have been fab this year. Most of mine are purple but I have these pink ones too. Mostly grown from last year’s seed

Leave a comment:

• annie8
    replied
    Then orlaya glandifora. Grew from seed last year but wasn’t that successful. Much better this year.
    Last edited by annie8; 21-06-2021, 06:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

• annie8
    started a topic Garden pics

Garden pics

The garden is really starting to show its best now, so thought I’d share a few photos of my favourite things at the moment. First the astrantia are looking lovely. Bees love them but lots of other insects too.

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X