Houesplants

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Houesplants

Not sure if this is the right place to ask?

Due to young children I've avoided having many houseplants, but now they are growing up I think I may risk it!
    The first suitable, bare looking spot is in the main bedroom. There is a bay window, NW facing with a chest of drawers in front of the window. I'd like something easy to care for and wider rather than tall (im still worried about the kids spilling it over, and I dont want to 'darken the room' too much by having a large plant). Id like to get a pot approx 12" round, or 12 x 18 if rectangular.
    Ive taken a look at the RHS plant finder, but it cant seem to search for houseplants.
    I see that the plants are 'full sun', part sun or shade, but unsure what to select as the window can get quite a bit of evening sun for nearly half the year, but then will have no direct sun through the winter.
    I quite the look of Herringbone Plant & Calathea, but dont think they will like being in the NW bay window?
    What plant(s) would you suggest?

A coleus perhaps ?

Another way round it is to operate a rotating series of pots based on bulbs/corms. Hyacinth followed by 'Tête-à-tête' daffodils, then Dwarf Iris and so on. The advantage of this is the plants are cheap to buy and can be given the conditions they like most of the time, only to be brought in to your room when they are in flower.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
    Working...
    X