Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• not very-spready wildflowers

Hello

we didn't mow our lawn this year during summer (broken mower) and we got some flowers growing in (mainly clover and the like).

Our neighbour is a grass enthusiast and has recently had her lawn returfed at some expense. I want to add some more flowers to ours this year, but don't want to take the rip. Frankly, her lawn is so vigorous, I doubt much will survive as competition, but there's no point being un-neighbourly.

What could I sow that will do well, but not too well? East facing, on clay. Gets walked on a bit as well.

This is a good place to start
    https://www.growwilduk.com/where-get...r-seeds-plants

Comment

I think the trick is not to sow wildflowers that have seeds that grow fluffy and blow off in the wind, like the hawkbeards, and dandelions. Poppies would be OK, and anything that has a pod as long as it's not dehiscent (opens explosively). Lots of wildflowers simply drop seeds at their feet too.
      Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
      Endless wonder.

Comment

Thanks both. I'm not mean enough to sow dandelions... (yet)

(not that I need to, there are plenty about...)

Mike

Comment

You could make a bog garden round the edge, water forget me not and ragged robin look nice and will tolerate some shade and flower for quite a long time too.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X