X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by greenishfing View Post
    Good question
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]89204[/ATTACH]

Please tell me they are actually marigolds of some kind.
    English (or pot) marigolds aka Calendula officinalis

ooops, VC has already said so
    Last edited by Thelma Sanders; 21-10-2019, 07:58 PM.

Comment

I like to throw a couple of tagetes “Lemon Gem” in a salad.
      Looks very “Mastercheffy” and they have a really nice citrus flavour.
      Also I grew some “Indian Marigolds “ a couple of years ago from seed that I got from Sutton’s. They were really fabulous like huge improved African marigolds. I think they were called Kushi.
      This post has made me think again about growing marigolds and tagetes - so thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by toomanytommytoes View Post
        Tagetes tenuifolia 'Lemon Gem'...masses of yellow flowers all summer long on small plants, does really well in small pots, foliage smells like lemon, attracted loads of hoverflies, ladybirds and parasitic wasps into the greenhouse. There are red and orange varieties too, I think.
        I once grew this variety amongst my tomatoes in the polytunnel and they just shot away! Attracted loads of bees, hoverflies and parasitic wasps too which was great for keeping any pests in control.
        If I'm not on the Grapevine I can usually be found here!....https://www.thecomfreypatch.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by Gillykat View Post
          I once grew this variety amongst my tomatoes in the polytunnel and they just shot away! Attracted loads of bees, hoverflies and parasitic wasps too which was great for keeping any pests in control.
          I'll be growing them every year now! There's one outdoors in a raised bed that's still flowering! Also had some in those stackable strawberry containers next to the brassica bed to attract predators, they were in rubbish old potting mix and still did fantastically well. Might give the red and orange varieties a go next year.

Comment

I have grown tagetes lucida (which is a perennial) before, but it doesn't always survive the winter in a greenhouse, I find.

Lovely scented foliage, though.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X