X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manchesterblue
    replied
    Thanks everyone

Thanks to everyone who commented, He / She has now been re-homed.

Leave a comment:

• Bill HH
    replied
    Have a look at this!

Sex-Change Chicken: Gertie the Hen Becomes Bertie the Cockerel | LiveScience

Leave a comment:

• Scarlet
    replied
    That's better, brill!
    You're not on your own.. I also have trouble getting photos up with my iphone

Leave a comment:

• coveredinoil
    replied
    Oops, try again! lol
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• coveredinoil
    replied
    Are these any better?
    If not I'll fire up the computer and do it on there rather than my phone, in my camera roll they look fine.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Scarlet
    replied
    The pic that city fan has put up definitely looks like he has tail feathers coming... But it also lays eggs??!

Leave a comment:

• Scarlet
    replied
    Any chance you could put those photos back up using "best" ? They are too small. Really interested. We had a thread once before with sexing brahma but I can't find it.

Leave a comment:

• coveredinoil
    replied
    Hope these help.

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum mobile app
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Scarlet
    replied
    If you are getting 3 or 4 eggs a day though and he/she clucks when she's laying?? Have you actually seen her in the nest box?

Leave a comment:

• Mikey
    replied
    One of my hens a cotswold legbar is very vocal, especially when there is a cat, a bird, and unusual cloud, a strong wind, or her friend escapes the pen and she can't get out. Its not exactly crowing, there isn't the classic cockadoodle do, more of a very loud buck buck help.

Do you think your neighbours might be getting the crows wrong, you might just have a scaredy chicken?

Leave a comment:

• Manchesterblue
    replied
    Thanks If you could let me see your photos that would be great.
    I will take another Pictuire today so I can be 100% sure.

Leave a comment:

• Manchesterblue
    replied
    Thanks Coveredinoil

If you could let me take a look at your pictures that would be good, Is there really that much of a difference, she has got a lot plumper since the photo so could take another today and post it on here so be 100% sure.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• ancee
    replied
    Bill! hahaha that made me laugh

Leave a comment:

• coveredinoil
    replied
    Hi, looking at the photo and the feathers on its rump and cone I am certain that it is a young male. I have been breeding brahmas for 20 years and they have a "rose" comb rather than an upright one like RIRs. How it's laying eggs I'm not sure, brahmas grow and mature very late compared to other breeds and go through the leggy stage as in your photo before they plump out and come into lay, I can send you photos of mature brahma males and females if that helps?

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum mobile app

Leave a comment:

• elizajay
    replied
    I am surprised you say she lays eggs bigger the your other birds. I have a Brahma, her eggs are relatively small for the size of her, they are half way between bantam eggs and hybrid eggs. I was given her egg parents very pedigree Brahmas. She hatched not much bigger than a bantam chick and her legs grew incredibly quickly. She stetches her neck when announcing she has laid an egg. I really wouldn't worry.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X