Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bill HH
    replied
    Did you buy her in Thailand? there is a lot of this sort of thing going on there.

Leave a comment:

• Scarlet
    replied
    Lots of hens make noise when laying. I think your neighbours may be hearing someone else's bird to be honest I wouldn't worry about it if she is laying. Lovely looking birds.

Leave a comment:

• Manchesterblue
    replied
    Photo

Thanks for the reply, I have 4 Girls and am getting 3 or 4 eggs a day, the other 3 Girls are Rhode Island Red cross and the Brahmas egg is completely different to the others, speckled and larger. She is a lot bigger and makes a funny noise when laying which I have just put down to the Breed, more of a growling noise when she sits. I haven't as yet heard her crow although my neighbours are quite adament she does when they are on the Allotment.

Attached Files
    Last edited by Manchesterblue; 02-03-2014, 09:43 PM. Reason: Photo

Leave a comment:

• Scarlet
    replied
    Sorry, just retread your post! She's laying! I have heard of the dominant hen in a flock "acting like a male" although if you have several birds how do you know that particular bird is laying eggs. I'd still love to see a photo....

Leave a comment:

• Scarlet
    replied
    A hen can't change into a cockerel. If it's a boy he won't harm the girls. Crowing and stretching it's neck would suggest that it is a boy. Why do you think it's a girl? How long have you had them. Is it laying eggs? Have you got any photos?

Leave a comment:

• Manchesterblue
    started a topic Hens Crowing

Hens Crowing

Hi, I have a Brahma thats just turned 6 Months old, she is laying an egg a day but is Crowing and Stretching her neck like a Cockerel, I have been told that it is possible she could be an Hemaphrodite which means she is a cockerel but can also lay eggs, I have never heard of this and she is quite happy scratching around with my other Hens.
    Is it even possible for a hen to change to a Cockerel, I am worried that she may harm the others, She doesn't have any signs that she is a male, No Spurrs or Wattle like a male bird, any advise would be helpful , thanks Mark

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X