Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Egg box source

Hi guys,
    My daughter runs a small honesty box from the front of the house where she sells a a few eggs. They seem to go like hot cakes so she added another 8 hens and increased the size of her flock to 31.

While the people who buy the eggs normally return the boxes, inevitably some become unusable or lost so we need to buy a few cheap boxes. The plastic ones are no good as they seem to be too small. The long form closing ones are cheap but tend to be rubbish quality. On ones that close to the side are much better but everywhere I look seem to be about 20p per box.

Would anyone know where sells those type of egg boxes cheaply?

thanks in advance

My friend used to get her egg boxes off of a lady who made cakes,I wonder if you phoned some local cake makers they might have a lot they recycle?

Comment

HI only seen new ones on the net,just get some cheep ones and add to price,and say keep,seems less hasle.
      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

That's an idea - My cousin is a chef so I can ask her for contacts! Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by lottie dolly View Post
          HI only seen new ones on the net,just get some cheep ones and add to price,and say keep,seems less hasle.
          It's very handy at just having it at £1 per half dozen though.

Comment

I would have thought that peeps using lots of eggs per day would be buying them in flat trays?
            No harm in asking though.

Can you ask friends, neighbour's and family to ask at work...or their friends/neighbours too?
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Ask customers to return there boxes and top them up next time they come.
              Bob.

Comment

I was suprized to get some from my new local farm supples,
                sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Noticed the other day when buying layers pellets that they had egg boxes for sale.
                  Must be some place beside you that sells poultry stuff including boxes. Good luck.
                  Bob.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X