Lucky suvivor

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lucky suvivor

Looked out and feathers everywhere,on following the trail no bodies were found,looked in a closed shed,apart from a gap about 9in,on opening up,there was just 1 very shook up lady,she gave a low call response on hearing me call,how she got under there unharmed i do not know,i gave her a nice long cuddle,put her in the pen,she tried several times to get onto the ladder for the nest box,eventually made it,i keep checking on her,and i found an EGG,bless,although she is so week and distressed,she knew what to do,isn't nature wonderful,it is all MY fault,as i forgot to go close them in,if she survives,her name will be lucky,it must have been a fox,i have not seen any in a few years,it just goes to show eh,lesson learned
    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Oh Lottie, that's awful news. I'm so sorry.

Comment

Poor chicken, hopefully she pulls through x
      Anything is possible with the right attitude, a hammer
      and a roll of duct tape.

Weeds have mastered the art of survival, if they are not in your way, let them feed bees

Comment

Easily done lottie... I'm sure we've all forgotten a few times.
        Really sorry that you lost some though. Shakes you up a bit doesn't it? Xx
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Its good she got away she’s brave & clever & she would’ve enjoyed the cuddle from you,she knows you love her,we do what we can & sometimes out of the blue things happen,it’s good you found her & put her to safety,I hope you’re both alright! It’s lucky it didn’t come back but how can you deter the fox,it needs to stay away,they’re a bit sly aren’t they.

Comment

just been giving her cuddles again,and discovered a wound on her neck,what if anything can i do to help,with just store cupboard ingredients,considering bringing her in home for tonight, in the nest box,as she won't leave it,A to keep an eye on her,and B it will no doubt be back,C might make her feel more secure,advice please from neglectful bad mum
            sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

I would bring her in. Put her in a box and keep her warm. Just clean her wound as you would do a cut on a kid. Salt water if you have nothing else.
              Don't blame yourself Lottie. Xx

Comment

As Scarlet says, Lottie. Keep her safe and warm.
                We've all been there. Mine were taken by a fox in the middle of an afternoon when they were roaming round the garden and I'd just popped inside for a while, thinking they were OK.
                Foxes are cunning, they watch and wait. There may not be much food around for them in winter and they'll take more chances.
                Hope Lucky will be OK tomorrow - and you and MR. xx

Comment

Thank you ladies for the advice,she seems a little perkier and has taken a little water,have cleaned the wound's with warm salt water,Lucky just let me cradle her neck whilst i did it,she was on my lap,have put the nest box,she has found comfort in,in the back porch with food and water,i found 2 very minor wounds,and 1 cut about 1/2 in long,she is currently out the box on her feet,so is is now finger x,thanks again for the advice

Comment

I too have had mine taken by a fox - on more than one occasion. It's not an easy task keeping them out. Fingers crossed Lottie.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your fox troubles Lottie, do as the others have suggested and bring her indoors for a day or 2.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X