dogs and hens

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
    I'm not really a doggy person, but had a friend who was in a similar situation.
    She looked into cross poodle breeds.
    There are loads to choose from so might be worth looking into each cross breed?

https://thehappypuppysite.com/poodle-mixes/

https://thehappypuppysite.com/small-poodle-mixes/

(Oh....and nope, she didn't get anything in the end, but only because of a major change in her personal circumstances)
    Hi Nicos, wow so many poodle crosses! I have looked at these - my friend has a labrador x poodle that I walk occasionally - it looks like a sheep - really! The websites often show adorable puppies, not what they will look like like when they are 2 years old i.e less than adorable IMHO. Everyone round here has a poodle cross of some sort, they are really popular. Thanks for your input x

Comment

Sadly, too many people only want puppies, because they're cute, and discard them when they're grown up. The rescues are full of dogs that have been replaced by puppies and there'll be lots more at Ch******.
      Dogs are for life, whatever they look like.
      Poodle crosses and the other "designer" dogs that have been bred because they don't moult and make people's home look hairy and untidy, also need a lot of grooming and haircuts. I know, I have 3 of them.

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
        Sadly, too many people only want puppies, because they're cute, and discard them when they're grown up. The rescues are full of dogs that have been replaced by puppies and there'll be lots more at Ch******.
        Dogs are for life, whatever they look like.
        Poodle crosses and the other "designer" dogs that have been bred because they don't moult and make people's home look hairy and untidy, also need a lot of grooming and haircuts. I know, I have 3 of them.
        Yes agree - my friends labpoo has to be shorn regularly. I'd be happy to have a discarded dog but I know how small incidents can damage them forever - our cocker spaniel pup was kicked by the kids next door and he never let another child go near him again, apart from our own.

Comment

Here is our dog

Dear all - well here I am again - this time to tell you that we have our dog! After much thought and effort - and no luck getting a rescue dog, we just did not tick their boxes thanks to cats, hens, and no other dog.
          We now have a lovely smooth collie - his name is Riki, and he is now 15 weeks old. He is very calm, picks up the training quickly, chases the hens and scoffs their poop....! So the garden is now divided in half with the hens down the end, which actually is much better - no more poop on the patio/paths round the house and the flower beds have flowers in them! Thanks to everyone for your wise words....ps his ears do tip over as is required - he was having an 'ears up' day when these photos were taken!
          Attached Files
          Last edited by mrsbusy; 09-07-2019, 09:07 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X