Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aphids and mint?

Hi all.

i have just erected a new greenhouse (still got to seal up some gaps) and I have a few plants in it.
    i have gone in today and one of my plants is being attacked by green aphids. Doing a search it says that aphids don’t like mint, thing is the plant they are attached to is a chocolate mint plant... so is the advice wrong or what?
    any advice on how to get rid of the pesky bugs would be helpful as I have an outdoor cherry tree that gets attacked every year too

Mint is hardy. Stand it outside and let the birds, ladybirds, and cold nights get rid of the aphids for you.
    Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
    Endless wonder.

Comment

I’ve got mint in pots outside, they are doing fine.

Comment

Certain aphids won’t like mint,mint aphid will love it. A lot of plants attract their own special aphid. My chocolate mints outside all year. I wonder if the aphid came in with the plant,it only takes one to multiply into a thousand suddenly. You can squirt them off with a bit of ecover washing up liquid in a water sprayer,then clean water after to get any bubbles off.
        Edit - for the cherry leaves I’d add some crushed garlic to the water but not the mint leaves unless you want garlic mint tea
        Last edited by Jungle Jane; 10-04-2021, 05:30 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X