Pea Gravel

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pea Gravel

I am currently looking to get some small (around 5mm) pea gravel to put down in the garden that will have a table, chairs and pots. I have got rid of the larger gravel stones that were mostly broken and unsightly. Pea gravel will be much more decorative. Can anyone recommend the cheapest place to get this, including delivery to Cheshire as places like B and Q are obviously too expensive.

Thanks.

I use Travis Perkins, have a look at their website

Comment

Thanks. They are ok but not the cheapest and don't stock much of a variety.

Comment

Just try slogging through Google.

If you try Wickes I hope you have better luck getting a slot. I've been trying for a week for some compost!
        Riddlesdown (S Croydon)

Comment

Find a sand and gravel pit and ask about cash sales. Depending on how much you want. Some are ok if you just need a few bags full.

Comment

Your local builder's merchant? Might work out more expensive for the gravel but cheaper for delivery?
            Last edited by Snoop Puss; 29-03-2021, 05:53 AM.

Comment

We had pea gravel and found it 'disappeared' into the surrounding garden quite quickly. I also found it stuck to shoes and I was tramping it into the house. When we came to replace it I went up a couple of gravel sizes, and found it was much longer lasting.
              Mostly flowers, some fruit and veg, at the seaside in Edinburgh.

Comment

Originally posted by Babru View Post
                We had pea gravel and found it 'disappeared' into the surrounding garden quite quickly. I also found it stuck to shoes and I was tramping it into the house. When we came to replace it I went up a couple of gravel sizes, and found it was much longer lasting.
                What size did you find was best?
                Nestled somewhere in the Cambridgeshire Fens. Good soil, strong winds and 4 Giant Puffballs! https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...lies/smile.gif
                Always aim for the best result possible not the best possible result
                https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...ilies/wink.gif
                Forever indebted to Potstubsdustbins https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...lies/smile.gif

Comment

Which ever gravel you decide on put in some of the honeycomb plastic mesh to stabilise it. It usual has landscape membrane on the underside so you don’t loose the gravel into the soil.
                  Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

Hi peanut, the gravel we have now is 20mm. It's stayed put.
                    Mostly flowers, some fruit and veg, at the seaside in Edinburgh.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X