New Dwarf Nectarine tree Fantasia just arrived

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Dwarf Nectarine tree Fantasia just arrived

This Ebay purchase looked a bit forlorn this morning sitting in my postbox with a sprinkling of snow on the parcel, but having unpacked it, all looks OK. The leaves are just bursting and there is even one flower about half open, on a sturdy little tree - v pleased :-)

If it is going into a tub get some john Innes No3 compost around those roots, shaken well down but I wouldn't water it until the temps rise above 4-5deg, it should be okay kept moist by the compost until you get warmer weather, I got two of them last year and I was lucky as it wasn't so cold..good luck, the taste of homegrown peaches and nectarines is so much better than shop bought, and I am in Scotland..

Comment

I'll keep it in a tub for a few months at least - while I decide what to do with it - probably in the longer run I'll plant it out, may be in the poly-tunnel.

Comment

Originally posted by BUFFS View Post
        If it is going into a tub get some john Innes No3 compost around those roots, shaken well down but I wouldn't water it until the temps rise above 4-5deg, it should be okay kept moist by the compost until you get warmer weather, I got two of them last year and I was lucky as it wasn't so cold..good luck, the taste of homegrown peaches and nectarines is so much better than shop bought, and I am in Scotland..
        It nice you are happy with you purchase, buying online can be a lottery I just bought 8 trees off deacons.. never again.

Comment

That's a pity - Deacons used to be a really good place to get fruit trees - quite a few of mine came from there, albeit about 30 years ago.

If I'm not being too nosy, what was the problem with the ones you got ?

Comment

So it's not just me with Deacons. I ordered 3 Ballerina trees. 1 was perfect, 1 was grafted at a 30 degree angle & one at a 45degree angle. Not the pillar specimens I was expecting. Plus, I ordered a maiden apple & pear tree to train & they sent me a 2/3 year old pear tree, as they pointed out, this was more expensive, however, is not what I ordered & I have no use for it.
            So far they have offered to refund the worst ballerina tree only

Comment

Quick update on the Nectarine which I kept in the poly-tunnel - its still in a large pot, didn't made much growth last year, but looks healthy and is showing about 20 flower buds at "pink bud" stage - soon time for me to do my bee impersonation :-)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X