No announcement yet.

Mara Des Bois Strawberries

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have grown MDB for past 3 seasons and I love them. They are one of the best tasting strawberries out there.

Being obsessed with collecting varieties and falling for the marketing hype. I have just ordered 12 × "Manille" from Ken Muir.

"Manille is wonderful new heavy cropping French variety has both Gariguette and Mara des Bois in its pedigree resulting in a deliciously sweet, aromatic strawberry with an excellent flavour"

Has anyone any experience with these? If not, I will report back in a few months.

Steve

Comment

Just had 2 x 5 plants arrived from D T Browns, look like good root stock. Just need to get down the plot to plant them, will soak the roots to keep em healthy until then.
      The day that Microsoft makes something that doesn't suck ...

... is the day they make vacuum cleaners

Comment

Ken Muir have cold stored plants of MDB on offer now for end of March delivery.
        John

Comment

Well...thanks to you lot, I now have a dozen Mara des Bois, a dozen Gariguette and a dozen Mariguette( X between the 2) to plant out!
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Just got my Mara de Bois delivered today, so I know what I'll be doing tomorrow!!

Comment

Oops, i ended up ordering some Mara too... Forgetting that Ive also got the 20 x free runners from the GYO offer being delivered tomorrow...good job I have lots of nieces & nephews that love strawberries!

Comment

Originally posted by WendyC View Post
                I've been put off Malwina due to this thread:
                WendyC - Wow that was an interesting thread!!! I note that some firms still selling it and I was about to order a triple pack one of which was Malwina. Thanks for the link.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                  Well...thanks to you lot, I now have a dozen Mara des Bois, a dozen Gariguette and a dozen Mariguette( X between the 2) to plant out!
                  I’ve been trying to get my hands on Mara des Bois for a few years. First year, got really poor quality plants delivered and they all died. Last year, received some healthy plants but when it came to the time for fruiting, none seem to be Mara des Bois. This year, I’ve ordered some from France. I hope they arrive alive and are the correct variety.

How are you enjoying those and the other varieties? I’m also trying to get Mariguette and Ciflorette. Although it’s not proving easy.

Comment

Originally posted by stevejohnson53 View Post
                    I have grown MDB for past 3 seasons and I love them. They are one of the best tasting strawberries out there.

Being obsessed with collecting varieties and falling for the marketing hype. I have just ordered 12 "Manille" from Ken Muir.

"Manille is wonderful new heavy cropping French variety has both Gariguette and Mara des Bois in its pedigree resulting in a deliciously sweet, aromatic strawberry with an excellent flavour"

Has anyone any experience with these? If not, I will report back in a few months.

Steve
                    Steve, how do the Manille strawberries compare?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X