No announcement yet.

unpruned gooseberries and blackberries?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unpruned gooseberries and blackberries?

Hello,

Just wondering if my goooseberries and blackberries plants will bear fruit this year?

I bought the plants last year in Homebase, and they didn't produce any fruit last year (the box said it wouldnt so i wasn't surprised), and i haven't pruned them at all, i've just let them grow.

Anyone think they will fruit?

Thanks for any answers

Hi Filipe, welcome to the Vine. Have the plants grown much since you bought them?

Comment

Hello RustyLady, Thank you

The 2 gooseberries, 1 raspberry plants have grown great, ones around 1.5 metres and they all have green leaves coming up nicely, with the gooseberries having little green balls growing (not too sure what they are)

The blackberries on the other hand have not grown much

Comment

Hopefully you will get some fruit on the gooseberries and raspberry this year then. Are they in pots or open ground? By the way if you add your location to your profile it will show up on your posts (top right hand side - you can see from mine that I am in Lowestoft). This will help when giving advice and also save us keep asking where you are.

Comment

They are in open ground, growing on a wall, with some shade from the apple tree that we have.

Juts changed the location, thanks for the help

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X