Strawberries!!!!!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strawberries!!!!!

I have taken a bold step and made a new bed for my strawberries!!!! I have dug up the plants decorating my thin borders next to the small fence between nextdoor. After taking out all the massive stones and old roots the soil look awesome. I filled the border with LOADS of compost and manure so it was piled about 1-2 feet high. i then firmed, covered and pegged down with thick black plastic as a kind of mulch=]

My though was as we have had another burst of sunshine I moved my strawberries there and cut back all the leaves to the crown in hope the roots develop well before winter???

I hope i did the right thing or i have just wasted 25 cambridge favs=[=[=[

Perfect timing...good call- strawberries are as tough as chips ( so long as they're not planted with their crowns too deep)

(Te he...talk about good weather- I've just taken 6 red strawberries off my plants for supper!!!!! )
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Good good=] I made sure the the crowns were just level with the soil surface. Thanks for the reply, it put my mind at ease hopefully next years crops will be freaking awesome!!!!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X