X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peppers

Hi,
    this is my first post on here.

I'm wondering if anyone knows when a pepper plant should start flowering?
    I planted mine around 2 months ago and it looks healthy. It's still growing and I'm watering it daily. Sometimes twice a day.

I would be grateful for any help in solving my pepper problem!

Thanks

Hi Schlee, welcome to the Vine. Whereabouts are you? Where is your pepper and what type is it? How big is it, and what size pot is it in? Pictures would be helpful if you have them.

Comment

Well, I couldn't tell you what type of pepper it is, i just kept the seeds from a pepper I had.
      I'm in the North East. Would that make a difference? i have them in a medium sized pot - It's not a small one. They are indoors in the sun.
      I just don't know if I'm doing anything wrong. My thyme is growing and just planted some radish seeds and they've started sprouting.

Comment

Well done for germinating the seeds. I assume it was a bell or sweet pepper. Have you just the one plant, or several in the same pot? How tall is it? Location does make a difference when giving advice, more especially if you are growing stuff outside. You can add your location to your profile, then it will show up on your posts.

Comment

I will add my location. Theses quite a few plants in one same pot. Should I separate them now?
          They have grown quite tall. Probably approx. 10cm or so?

Comment

Peppers need to be one plant per pot. You can separate them now and repot into 3 or 4 inch pots. However, it is late in the season to be growing from seed so I don't know if you will get a crop this year.

Comment

One per pot? I'm gonna need alot of pots. haha! Well thank you for your advice. I will get them re-potted this weekend.

Comment

Hello and welcome Shlee. Did you sow them in June then? That's a little late for pepppers, they need as long a season as you can give them. I started mine around Jan/Feb and some have small fruits but some are still yet to set fruit. You don't really want to be starting them any later than March especially up north. You say they're indoors. Is that in a greenhouse or on a windowsill? If they're on a windowsill they may not be getting enough sun.

Comment

It was earlier than that. must of been around 4 months ago. time flies!! They are on the window sill at the back of the house. It gets the sun in the morning.

Comment

I'm not sure that's really enough. Ideally they want to be outside in a warm, sunny and sheltered position, preferably in a green house. Not always possible though I know.

Comment

Originally posted by Shlee View Post
                      One per pot? I'm gonna need alot of pots.
                      Originally posted by Shlee View Post
                      They are on the window sill at the back of the house. It gets the sun in the morning.
                      Ah, that's your problem ~ it's not light enough, and they don't have enough room. They need full sun (daylight) all day. My peppers were sown in Feb in the greenhouse and are only now ripening.
                      They are in large pots, at least 6" diameter

As they don't have ideal conditions and are most unlikely to fruit now, why don't you pot one up and bin the rest. Concentrate on treating that one plant really well and you might be surprised
                      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

And keep it over winter in the house maybe.

Loving my allotment!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X