Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• madhatterlizzy
    replied
    To ginger ninger rescue the blueberry bush from the green bin ..

my blueberry bush this morning has a further 2 new green shoots - 4 in total - the vinegar mixture seems to work really well. I have replanted it this morning in a new container (with a lemon cut into pieces at the base of the root). Seems happy enough now outside in light rain. - still crossing fingers but it seems to be giving it a good go.

Leave a comment:

• madhatterlizzy
    replied
    Hi gardeners -

my once sad blueberry bush seems to have now produced 2 new green shoots - hippie!!
    never though of a lemon in the soil but yes it would make sense as they do like an acid soil
    - thanks for the tip will get one out tomorrow at the shops

thanks everyone for your ideas

Leave a comment:

• phil the shed
    replied
    Originally posted by bramble View Post
    Mine sat outside in a pot over the whole winter and its now full of leaves.

Madhatterlizzy, maybe you should'nt have cut it back as it probably would have produced leaves on those bare branches.
    mine seems to be flourrishing after a winter of neglect

Leave a comment:

• mrscorpio
    replied
    Last year I was told to bury a chopped up lemon around the bush. My blueberry bush had its best ever crop last year, it must have worked.
    I believe they do love acid soil (ericaceous compost )

Leave a comment:

• madhatterlizzy
    replied
    Hi - put the very sad blueberry bush into a mixture of water, miracle grow and vinegar - and have been told to leave it there for at least a week - apparantly it should "come back" - tip from a very old gardener friend of my fathers!!

the "sticks" I cut off were dead - I checked first - now the waiting begins

Leave a comment:

• bramble
    replied
    Mine sat outside in a pot over the whole winter and its now full of leaves.

Madhatterlizzy, maybe you should'nt have cut it back as it probably would have produced leaves on those bare branches.

Leave a comment:

• binley100
    replied
    I planted three in pots last year.......two have leaves and buds , the other one is just sitting there ....They have all been treated the same ......just one of lifes great mysteries I guess.

Leave a comment:

• ginger ninger
    replied
    I've lost my blueberry bush this year, when I've looked at the roots (what were left of them)...they were all dead. Bit miffed to be honest it was a leaving present from my team, but it's in the green bin now and going to be replaced with a dwarf cherry tree .

Leave a comment:

• chris
    replied
    they like their feet wet, so i'd give it a good watering with rain water (or if none available, a tip I read on here is to add a dash of vinegar to some tap water... not sure if that works though).

the green woul dhave been last years growth (all my bushes are just forming flower buds now), so it could be a late cropping type. Do you know the cultivar?

Leave a comment:

• madhatterlizzy
    started a topic blueberry help please

blueberry help please

I have inherited a blueberry bush - don't ask - but it appears to be dead!! - only one green twig for want of a better description exists - I cut off the old dead ones - it looks very sorry for itself - any ideas on how to bring it back to life - or is it hopeless

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X