New raspberry canes..........

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New raspberry canes..........

.......are coming up in between my fruiting raspberries. The fruiting canes are 6 foot tall and the new replacements are 9 foot tall and still growing.

At this rate I'll need stepladders to crop my rasps next year!
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

I got one like that last year and left it to grow - the rasps are just starting to ripen on it now and I have to get Aranthos to stand on a chair to get them for me
    Happy Gardening,
    Shirley

Comment

I bend the freaky talls ones over and tie them in an arch so they're easier to reach.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

And when they are bent over and pinned down, you get lovely new growth growing up which means more fruit.

Comment

9 foot? What on earth are you feeding them? (mine are 3 foot and fruiting)
          All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
            9 foot? What on earth are you feeding them? (mine are 3 foot and fruiting)
            Woodash and manure!
            My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X