Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No flowers on strawbs or blueberries?

Hi,
    I'm new to the forum and new to fruit growing. I've read on the forum for a bit and hope someone can maybe offer some advice for me?
    I bought 20 bare rooted florence (late) strawberries in March and they're doing really well in troughs and hanging baskets. They're in a walled garden and get a lot of warm sun. Unfortunately I don't have any flowers just loads of new big leaves. I think they may be slightly overcrowded in the troughs but as the others aren't flowering either I'm wondering if there's something I've done wrong?
    I also got myself 3 gorgeous 'bluecrop' blueberry plants which I'm growing in large pots in acidic soil and haven't seen a single flower yet on any of these.
    Am I being impatient (due to the late start of spring), are these late flowering types or have I cocked up somewhere?

Sarah
    Biting off more than I can chew since 1983

I picked my 2nd punnet of strawbs today: you definitely need flowers to get fruit. Yours are only babies? So you may not get any fruit this year
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

It can take quite a while for flowers to form. Also your plants, both strawberries and blueberries are very new and are both perennials (last for several years and may not fruit the first year).

Comment

I have just noticed a white mould on some of my strawberries any help would be great thanks biddy

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X