grapevine woes

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pruning conservatory grape

Thank you everyone! I had had a good look before I took the plunge and registered.

NTG - read the Nevada University stuff and very informative it was too. I must say I now fully understand both why grapevines could be planted outside the greenhouse and then brought in. Too late for that! But I also understand why it is still in full leaf (we just nip off the dead ones to keep the conservatory looking fantastic).

My advice about pollinating has been to do it with a paintbrush.

I am very fortunate in having a lovely lady gardener (usually four hours a week most of the year) and we intend to tackle the pruning the second week in January, after she has had a couple of weeks off. The pictures in the Nevada paper are really going to help!

I see a paper clip up there; being a complete newcomer to The Vine, I could investigate taking my vine's picture and attaching it.

Once again, thank you everyone and good night.

Anna Coombe

Mrs. D (Suzanne) - thank you for your welcome

Comment

Your More than welcome Anna, please feel free to drop in whenever you are passing this site. If you read some of the back posts you'll quickly realise that they are all completley mad apart from me, I'm the only sensible one here...... nah, Only joking I'm mad aswell

It would be really good if you could post a picture of the "Kew of the North" I have to admit that Ilkeston isn't the first place I associate with grapevines & Exotic planting next time im up at our site in Ambergate I'll sneek round & take some cuttings
      ntg
      Never be afraid to try something new.
      Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
      A large group of professionals built the Titanic
      ==================================================

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X