victoria

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• victoria

I have a victoria plum tree fully laden with purple plums , if i take some of them off will they fully ripe off the tree to give the others a chance to get bigger ? TY

If they’re purple,they’re ripe,Victoria plums. Have you tried cutting one open?

Comment

i have cut some in half and they are still hard

Comment

I’m surprised they’re purple & not ripe? This reminds me of when I had my Victoria,all the plums went purple all very fast,there was a split in the trunk/branch join because of the weight of fruit. I cut the branch & it had silver leaf dark markings in the cut section. Check the tree for damage,hope it’s not this. Maybe a photo might help?

Comment

Could you maybe post a picture of the fruit? Maybe one with one of the fruit cut in half, too?
          If they are purple but not ripe it makes me strongly suspect they are not, in fact, Victoria. Victoria don't usually go purple even when ripe, but remain a sort of pinkish colour.

Half ripe fruit should ripen off the tree as long as they are not damaged (including having no internal damage from insects). However with most fruit, once they start ripening their growing phase is already over, so even if you unburden the tree now, if the fruit you leave on are already purple then they will not grow any larger.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X