Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ameno
    replied
    Your apples do look more elongated that Red Windsor usually is, but doesn't necessarily mean anything, as trees can often produce oddly-shaped apples.
    As for the taste, I suspect it just wasn't ripe. Just because it fell off, doesn't necessarily mean it was ripe. Prematurely shed fruit are usually shed either because the tree is under stress, or because the fruit is compromised is some way (insect damage, usually).

On the other hand, you did buy it from Chris Bowers, who are less than reliable and trustworthy. I bought two trees from them before, one of which definitely wasn't the labelled variety as it wasn't even the right species, and the other of which was very weedy. Yet it took a lot of fighting to get them to refund me. They also sell a suspiciously large number of varieties, on a suspiciously broad range of rootstocks, at suspiciously low prices, which makes me suspect that their true range is actually rather smaller, and they are simply passing off what they do have as other varieties and rootstocks.

Leave a comment:

• GF3
    started a topic Did I receive the right apple tree?

Did I receive the right apple tree?

Hello.
    I bought a "Red Windsor" apple tree on M26 rootstock in November 2019 from Chris Bowers. This is the first year it flowered and it has produced 3 apples. One apple fell off yesterday (7th September). But I am not convinced it is a Red Windsor. I've seen a few videos on Youtube and have looked at many images of Red Windsor apples in google image search and mine doesn't look like them.
    I have tasted the one that fell off and it was quite hard and very dry taste - i did not like it. If this is not a Red Windsor any idea what it might be. The tree was labled "Red Windsor" when I received it. I have attached photos of one of the apples still on the tree and a photo of the one that fell off yesterday.

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X