Hangers for potted stawbs?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hangers for potted stawbs?

Looking to suspend a lot of potted strawberries in the polytunnel. Was going to buy plastic pot hangers from China. Anyone got a better idea?

I would avoid plastic because it is not good at supporting weight and is also unlikely to be sunlight proof.
    Near Worksop on heavy clay soil

Comment

What sort of pots are we talking here?
      Depending on the strength/thickness of the pot, your best bet may simply be to drill three or four holes at equal distance around the top of the pot, and use string (nylon is best, as it can take a lot of weight for its thickness, and is UV, water and rot resistant) or wire to hang them.

Comment

Hadn't thought of string. If I have thick enough pots then something tells me a hot nail to melt holes will leave a stronger hole.

Thanks Amen0

Comment

The photo shows the original stawberry hanger and a cutting potted in a home made hanger.

The pot was holed with a hot nail giving a strong lip to the hole. I then used black nylon rope to make the hanger. Melted into a button at one end and tied together at the end it works well. I used compost but powdered a piece of one year old chicken manure into it to act as a fertiliser. I just need to make sure I water them!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X