Strawberries in pots

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strawberries in pots

This year I planted new strawberry plants in pots, a strawberry planter, and a hanging pot, on my balcony, they have done extremely well, really large and flavourful, my question is, ‘ what should I do do with them now’? Leave them in the pots, or take them and plant on allotment?

thank you

I grow my greenhouse French ones in containers all the time, they will need re-potting every couple of years and feeding with tomato feed during fruiting season. Remember plants are usually replaced every 4 or 5 years.

Comment

So leave them in the pots over winter etc, and they’ll survive? Then feed etc next year?

Comment

I plunge the pots in the soil in my greenhouse, if your's are traditional out side varieties then by plunging them in the ground you protect the root ball from risk of frost and would be ok outside.

Comment

I have "saved several plants left by the previous plot holder and have planted them next to a fig tree and intend to train the runners into a new bed for a couple of years and repeat this again as the tree matures.
          I will just let the tree crowd out the old beds as it matures.
          Near Worksop on heavy clay soil

Comment

I leave the ones in raised beds over the winter but might bring the ones in pots into the greenhouse in very cold weather.

Comment

I don’t have a greenhouse (only plastic one), so will just leave them in the pots till next year, then maybe repot with new compost

thanks

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X