In door Strawberries

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't worry, I'm buzzing!
    Mostly flowers, some fruit and veg, at the seaside in Edinburgh.

Comment

We get loads of varied solitary bees here and they are going into my greenhouse, I have some teeny apline strawberries set already luckily, and quite few others in flower. Never thought of paint brushing them. They do enjoy bit of radio 4 with me through x
      Anything is possible with the right attitude, a hammer
      and a roll of duct tape.

Weeds have mastered the art of survival, if they are not in your way, let them feed bees

Comment

3 of my 4 strawberry plants from last year have started to bloom lovely pink flowers.

Comment

This is todays update, it would seem the plants are slightly behind where they were last year, I guess the cold overnight temperatures have slowed them up a bit.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02703.JPG
Views:	160
Size:	819.8 KB
ID:	2495722

Comment

As a further update on these plants, picked my first two Strawberries of the year, I shall keep these ones going from runners, but I intend to add another variety next year, I have traditional plants outside, but I love these more exotic ones for an early crop, so tasty.

Comment

I built a self watering strawberry planter in my tunnel this year and it's been great. It's now cropping heavily. It's 7x10litre pots with 2 or 3 plants in each. The water tank always has feed in it. Soluble high potash feed from elixir gardens.

Comment

It's been that cold here that my Mara Du Bois have still got very few leaves and only a couple of the plants have got any flowers at all. At this rate I'll not be picking any strawberries until July next year!

Comment

Got a cracking crop today from my strawberry planter. Some absolute monsters.

Comment

They look very nice.

Comment

I have strawberry envy
                      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

* drooools

Those look fantastic! Well done.
                        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X