• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aberdeenplotter
    replied
    Originally posted by Potstubsdustbins View Post
    Hi everyone,

AP I see now what you mean about growth rate, the roots have just started to emerge from the bottom of the cells so it looks like I will be potting up into 3" pots later this week.

Amanda I could make a suggestion but think it wiser to await the expert.

Potty
    Potty, make the suggestion

Leave a comment:

• Aberdeenplotter
    replied
    Originally posted by amandaandherveg View Post
    Help!

I went to pop my little wire hoop supports into my onion modules today and they're looking all floppy. On closer inspection it seems that the shoot has gone all thin and white at the base - like it's rotting away. Have I been overwatering or has something else gone wrong?
    difficult to say without seeing them Amanda. On the watering regime, they need to be kept moist but not wet and under no circumstances let them dry out. Sounds a little to me as though you have a touch of damping off disease - fungal problem which in my experience stems from a problem with the compost or the water.

Leave a comment:

• Potstubsdustbins
    replied
    Hi everyone,

AP I see now what you mean about growth rate, the roots have just started to emerge from the bottom of the cells so it looks like I will be potting up into 3" pots later this week.

Amanda I could make a suggestion but think it wiser to await the expert.

Potty

Leave a comment:

• amandaandherveg
    replied
    Help!

I went to pop my little wire hoop supports into my onion modules today and they're looking all floppy. On closer inspection it seems that the shoot has gone all thin and white at the base - like it's rotting away. Have I been overwatering or has something else gone wrong?

Leave a comment:

• veg man
    replied
    thanks will do that

Leave a comment:

• Aberdeenplotter
    replied
    they only need about 55ºf. lift the lights so the heat isn't so concentrated overthe plants.

Leave a comment:

• veg man
    replied
    hi it about 60 to 65 degrees

Leave a comment:

• Aberdeenplotter
    replied
    How hot is the tube at that distance. Try a thermometer underneath at the same level to see how hot or cold it is.

Leave a comment:

• veg man
    replied
    they are under a 4 foot tube light 40watt from the tips to the light 6",yes a pat on the back for the instructions
    Last edited by veg man; 21-01-2013, 05:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Aberdeenplotter
    replied
    p.s well done to you for getting the pics up and well done to me for giving golden instructions on how to do it

Leave a comment:

• Aberdeenplotter
    replied
    I have to say I was expecting to see more than just a single leaf/shoot per plant before the first shoot started dying back. What sort of light have you got and how far away from the top of the plants. I'd be for getting them staked btw

Leave a comment:

• veg man
    replied
    pics

2 pictures of my onion seedlings Thanks again Aberdeenplotter
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• veg man
    replied
    Thank for the info will try later and see if i manage to uploan a pic Thanks Again

Leave a comment:

• Aberdeenplotter
    replied
    then click on upload files and then close the manage attachments box, if you then click onpreview post, you should see your pic. If the pic file is too big,you may have to resize it and try again. There are various programmes available to do that, I use Microsoft Office Picture Manager
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Aberdeenplotter; 21-01-2013, 03:45 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Aberdeenplotter
    replied
    That whole shoot will die back completely eventually so don't worry.

To upload a pic, from the quick reply box, click on 'go advanced' scroll down to 'manage attachments'and click on that, then click on 'add files' then on 'select files' and then locate the file you are looking for on your computer (or camera memory card etc), double click on the pic file to choose it

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X