Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the most you would be prepared to pay for allotment rent?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

in our area they are £42 a year, unless you are old, disabled, or long term unemployed ....... then they are £21 ...... i thought that was a bargain, considering how much veg costs nowadays

Comment

Mine is £50 a year and I would happily pay £100 a year for 2.
      It's only £2 a week and you get 2 weeks free, that's how I look at it anyway

Comment

Well our council measures the plots in "perch" and charges £3.80 per perch. Mine is 5 perch (about 125 square metres) so will be £19 a year. We have water and the site seems very secure - no instances of vandalism reported for years, so I think its an absolute bargain. I'd happily pay double. I asked hubby how much he thought it would be and he reckoned about £200 per year!!!!! Now do I tell him the rents have suddenly gone up????

Comment

I PAY £53 A YEAR FOR MY 267sq m PLOT. WE HAVE TWO LOCKABLE SHEDS, A TOILET (ACTUALLY VERY CLEAN, EVEN HAS A HAND DRYER). THERE ARE WATER TROUGHS EVERY TWO PLOTS, A HUGE COMPOST AREA, A CAR PARK AND A PROPER FENCE AND GATE WITH A VERY BIG PADLOCK. QUITE GOOD AS ALLOTMENTS GO I THINK, ALTHOUGH I WOULDN'T REALLY WANT TO SPEND ANY MORE ON RENT.
          KERNOW CHICK

Comment

So after reading the posts on this thread I'm guessing that £5 a week for a 600sq ft (15 x 40) plot is a little expensive then?

Comment

i pay £10 a year to the parish council. This includes water in three places throughout the plot. Although this is cheap they don't maintain the fences very well. So we have proposed to pay a little more next year and the council pay the rest to improve the fencing. Not holding my breath though.
              Last edited by chuffa; 12-07-2008, 06:49 AM.
              good Diggin, Chuffa.

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabris, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

http://chuffa.wordpress.com/

Comment

I pay £5 pounds a year for a 5 pole plot. There is running water at the site, but nothing else. I would be willing to pay a lot more for it, probably up to 50 a year, as I look at it as my hobby and as someone else pointed out. The only thing is that if I paid too much more, I would feel guilty about not getting my money's worth and being there with every spare moment I have!

Comment

Hi all (my first post so really excited!!)

I pay £13.50 for the year, this was my first year and get next year free as long as we keep it in good order. Sounds like I am getting a good deal. We have no water though so bring on the rain!!!

Comment

when i took on my plot 2yrs ago we got the first year free normally £21 last year the council put the rent up to £30 the increase is to cover "increased land fil charges" if your are on benefits or an oap its half price.we have water but that is turned off in october until march all in all a good deal

Last edited by dinky_doo; 29-07-2008, 08:49 PM.
                    PRESTON NORTH END
                    xbox gamertag billybobs
                    add me to your friends list if you got what it takes

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X