Polytunnel or greenhouse?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polytunnel or greenhouse?

I hope you don't mind me asking this I'm new here. At home I have a small plastic greenhouse to start my seedlings off. There is no room at home to have a greenhouse at all.

I've been looking at buying a tunnel for the allotment are they worth it? Or should I just get a greenhouse?

Thank you

I've got a polygreentunnelhouse .on a serious note welcome and both have there uses for what you want to grow.one tip tomatoes don't like pollytunnels as they get very warm and wet perfect breeding ground for blight .as I found out last year.
    When you have a hammer in your hand everything around you starts looking like a nail.

Comment

I'd vote for the polytunnel.
      The advantage of a polytunnel is that you get a bigger one for the same price.
      The advantage of a greenhouse is that it insulates better, and if it's glass panes it let's through a bit more light, so the season is longer.

Comment

Originally posted by jonny the plant pot View Post
        one tip tomatoes don't like pollytunnels as they get very warm and wet perfect breeding ground for blight .as I found out last year.
        My toms do brilliantly in the polytunnel, the climate in there really suits them, that's why commercial growers use them. I went for a tunnel on my plot as they're a lot cheaper than a greenhouse so you get much more space for your money - do buy a proper one though not a rubbishy blow away.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

At this time of year you can get 2nd hand greenhouses nearly free

Comment

For an allotment, a tunnel is less prone to vandalism and wind damage imo. And tomatoes grow fine in mine, a good one with doors at both ends will help with ventilation.
            He-Pep!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X