X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snadger
    replied
    Originally posted by Jay-ell View Post
    Nah, that's into a watering can in the greenhouse.

There's no loo on site
    I was on-site at the weekend. I noticed your shed is still defying gravity! I certainly wouldn't risk going in there for a pee!

Leave a comment:

• Jay-ell
    replied
    Nah, that's into a watering can in the greenhouse.

There's no loo on site
    Last edited by Jay-ell; 30-04-2019, 05:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Snadger
    replied
    Originally posted by Jay-ell View Post
    Onsite water is probably the biggest amenity with the water rates having to be paid out of the rents.

My last place didn't have water and it was a pain in the summer. My first place had dip tanks and I had to run back and forth with the cans - better than nothing though.

This site is more per plot (£50 now) but with a shared stand pipe right next to my gate (I never use it though, I use my own personal private stand pipe at the back of my plot).
    It sounds like you go for a pee there!

Leave a comment:

• Jay-ell
    replied
    Originally posted by chillithyme View Post
    We also have just a standpipe and no other amenities, but glad for the access to water.
    Onsite water is probably the biggest amenity with the water rates having to be paid out of the rents.

My last place didn't have water and it was a pain in the summer. My first place had dip tanks and I had to run back and forth with the cans - better than nothing though.

This site is more per plot (£50 now) but with a shared stand pipe right next to my gate (I never use it though, I use my own personal private stand pipe at the back of my plot).

Leave a comment:

• chillithyme
    replied
    We also have just a standpipe and no other amenities, but glad for the access to water.
    Originally posted by Thelma Sanders View Post
    Is it just a case of 'Location Location Location' or amenities provided? Apart from a fence and stand-pipe we have nothing provided.

Leave a comment:

• ameno
    replied
    In my town all sites are charged at 40p per square metre, water included.
    So for my new plot, which is 131 square metres, I'll be paying £52.40 a year.

Leave a comment:

• Thelma Sanders
    replied
    Originally posted by chillithyme View Post
    That is a bargain I pay over that for only a half plot
    Is it just a case of 'Location Location Location' or amenities provided? Apart from a fence and stand-pipe we have nothing provided.

Leave a comment:

• chillithyme
    replied
    That is a bargain I pay over that for only a half plot
    Last edited by chillithyme; 28-04-2019, 10:01 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Thelma Sanders
    replied
    Originally posted by mentallot View Post
    I've just paid £58.70 for my first full year, seems to be at the higher end compared to some on here...
    That's about what my plot will cost at the next bill, due in September, but that is for a full-size 10 rod plot - so still think it's a bargain

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    ^Hello and welcome. Best wishes for a great growing year.

Leave a comment:

• MelanieSW
    replied
    £25 for my plot in SW London (5 rods, water is included).
    Though it will likely go up by £10, as last year's water bill was very high due to the hot summer.

Leave a comment:

• mentallot
    replied
    I've just paid £58.70 for my first full year, seems to be at the higher end compared to some on here...

Leave a comment:

• atnixon
    replied
    £60 per year

Leave a comment:

• Chris Hulme
    replied
    ours is £96 for the year

Leave a comment:

• PepperMonster
    replied
    This new one in north Hamoshire cost my Dad a whole £9! Got over 60's discount plus some more off for taking it on late in the year.

My previous half plot in Manchester cost me £43 inc. society membership and insurance. They didn't do student discount sadly!

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X