X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OakR
    replied
    Mine is in London, around 150 plots. I have a 9 rod plot, it's about £90 a year. We have loads of taps and hosepipes allowed, toilets, there is a club house of sorts but it's only open Sunday mornings.

Leave a comment:

• Starch
    replied
    1.7 acres, half overgrown, hedged and fenced perimeter, high padlocked double gate, no water or other facilities, £100 p.a.

Leave a comment:

• PotteringAtPlot12
    replied
    £90 for me in Leeds! Full plot, water & toilets. No manure or woodchip

Leave a comment:

• Plot12c
    replied
    5 rod plot costs me £36 per year.

Leave a comment:

• Thelma Sanders
    replied
    My plot is 9 rods/perches - That's roughly 33ft wide 75ft long and I would pay £63.00 pa, but here you get a 50% discount on the first 5 perch as an OAP (or on any other benefits) so I only pay £45.50.
    We get a strong perimeter fence, padlocked gate, the hedge trimmed yearly and water (4 taps on site) for that. There has been a lot of discussion about paying more to cover the water bill over the last few years, but banning the use of hosepipes, has reduced demand a bit - so we might get away with it for a bit longer. Fingers crossed

Leave a comment:

• ESBkevin
    replied
    Thats not too bad @Eddie777 if you really have 1000Sq Mtrs. I pay about £45 for just under 200Sq Mtrs. and have to walk to a trough and dip for water (no hose allowed).

Leave a comment:

• Eddie777
    replied
    I think is the dearst

Hi i pay £150 a year for mine just paid £80. For the first 6 months full rent due in April.
    Mine is just over 1000 square meters with a tap on each allotment." Robbing Council".

Leave a comment:

• Swag
    replied
    In Chester

We pay £74/yr for a full size plot 25m x 10m. Water on tap but we’ve installed water butts off the shed roof

Leave a comment:

• Mudsweatandtea
    replied
    So I'm in Montrose Angus and the plot is £26 for 130m2 (that's something like 5.14 rods). The prices onsite vary depending on plot size from £14 - £48. There appears to be water supplied with a tap situated right outside my plot 🙂.
    It's council run and from what I can tell there's no kind of committee there although I'm sure I will get more info Monday when I get the key.

Leave a comment:

• burnie
    replied
    I'm in a coastal location too, I've planted wind breaks to try and reduce the problem, there are things I just don't bother growing if I can't get shorter plants, brussels are a problem, they just rock in the wind so I have given up growing them. Lots of flowers that get battered by the wind too, even had roses snapped by the wind, worse in the winter too.

Leave a comment:

• Kayla79
    replied
    Originally posted by burnie View Post
    Welcome Kayla79, we'd like to hear a bit more about your plot, what are growing this year?
    Hi All, thanks for the welcome. I grow just about everything lol. Mostly potatoes, sweetcorn, courgettes, beetroot, peas n beans etc. A few mature fruit trees and fruit bushes, also strawberries and raspberries. Anything that kids will eat lol. We're down south so much warmer climate, however, I'm by the sea so we've got the winds to contend with.

Any tips on managing windy plots?

Leave a comment:

• burnie
    replied
    Welcome Kayla79, we'd like to hear a bit more about your plot, what are growing this year?

Leave a comment:

• Kayla79
    replied
    Oh dear, I think here by the South coast we've got the most expensive plots, I pay £90 for a year for 7 rods! It includes water and there is a toilet too.

Leave a comment:

• Jay-ell
    replied
    Originally posted by SarrissUK View Post
    haha are you two plot neighbours?
    No, I've just had a problem with trespassers.

Leave a comment:

• SarrissUK
    replied
    haha are you two plot neighbours?

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X