X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weekendwellies
    replied
    £20.50 for 1/2 plot, we have water supply and secure storage and reasonable secure fencing all around. There is also a polytunnel, which is padlocked by the resident disabled group so we dont actually have access to use it; there is a portacabin which has a toilet, also locked by the disabled group so no access to that either, but there is a commode in the lockup that I have a key to; theres no electricity; no manure or compost, no woodchip, no shop, no skips, no insurance. we are allowed a shed/greenhouse no more than 8x6ft total, if we can erect it, no paving on the plots, no fencing between the plots, only a very narrow path to access the plot wheelbarrow just about squeezes down there.
    one of the founding members has a generator and some pretty good equipment which he allows everyone to use they just provide petrol for the generator, however as my plot is at the furthest point on site, moving this heavy equipment from the lockup would be a huge effort.

Leave a comment:

• kathycam
    replied
    I'm in London so its pricey. It's £7 a pole. And I think £1 a pole for water and £5 membership. As I've just taken on an extra 16 poles it's going to be pricey.

We get wood chip and soil improver/council compost for virtually free. There is a shop at the weekends, deliveries of manure and skips twice a year. No loo at the moment, but keen to get one!

Leave a comment:

• WillyNelson
    replied
    £8 per rod, so £40 for most plots. Includes water, periodic muck & chipping deliveries, security fencing. Association membership is £3 and you get a shop on 2 of the sites. £10 returnable deposit for the key.
    This is in Worthing, West Sussex

Leave a comment:

• Aberdeenplotter
    replied
    be great if folks would indicate their exact area, town name, Council or whatever.

Leave a comment:

• Aberdeenplotter
    replied
    £77 for a full plot in Aberdeen. No services at all. Not even perimiter fencing. 50% Discount for pensioners. Women at age 60, men at age 65.

Leave a comment:

• chris
    replied
    £6.25 for a half plot, £12.50 for a full plot, includes water rates.

No discounts, and no facilities - though they're talking about getting a compobog type thing on, and are expanding the "shed" out to make it secure due to break ins.

edit: NSALG Membership included too, "secure" site. Members sort out manure/compost/woodchips.
    Last edited by chris; 07-01-2013, 02:28 PM.

Leave a comment:

• redser
    replied
    100 euro for 100 square meters and free water. Portaloos provided. Nothing else.

Leave a comment:

• SarzWix
    replied
    Ours are £37 for a full plot, nothing is included in that except the plot; no water, no loos, no community building, no shared equipment, nada. No discounts for anybody, even if the plot is unusable when you take it on...

Leave a comment:

• binley100
    replied
    £40 all in for a full (20 rod) plot, reduction for OAP....includes water . On site shop and 5 star cafe (Sat mornings only ) .....social type stuff for those who want to ....deliveries ofbark chippings, grass cuttings, leaves and llama poop ...toilets and security fencing all round.....we have a committee at no extra charge and are members of NSALG which includes insurance which is all included in our rent. Half plots are cheaper..

Leave a comment:

• Piggle
    replied
    £37 quid for a full plot , all water and free storage. I think there are discounts for people on low wages/ unemployed/oap.
    We get periodic free deliveries of woodchip and there are tools such as a strimmer/ chipper etc to hire.

Leave a comment:

• Newton
    replied
    £17 for a half plot. Water included.....not that I used much last year.......£3 extra for society membership which includes insurance.

Oaps get a 50% reduction in fees. Not for membership though!

What about yours?

Leave a comment:

• Alison
    replied
    Think it's about £25 (about that anyway) for a full plot. No breakdown but I think OAPs etc get a discount (possibly as much as 50%). We don't have a committee so no extra payments there and there are no options on the site that you can opt in or out of. Nice and simple. You do have to pay a non returnable payment for admin when you first take on your plot but that's not that much as I remember.

Leave a comment:

• alldigging
    started a topic How much does your plot cost?

How much does your plot cost?

How much and how do they broken down?
    Discounts for oaps? Membership charges?
    Last edited by alldigging; 06-01-2013, 10:35 PM.

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X