Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've just paid for mine and it's 31p per sqmtr plus 13p per sqmtr for water. I paid £44.44 for my 101 sqmtrs this year. Our site has security fencing, parking, taps at regular intervals between plots, toilet facilities and a shop to buy seeds, composts, etc at competitive rates. Plus if you pay £5 per year to the society for membership you get extra discount in the shop.

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum

Comment

• I'm still waiting for my plot but do know that the rent has gone from £20 + water for 2013-2014 to nearly £60 + water for 2014-2015! Although I think this increase is absolutely crazy I'm hoping it means I get closer to the top of the waiting list 😗

Comment

• Originally posted by Mumbles View Post
        I'm still waiting for my plot but do know that the rent has gone from £20 + water for 2013-2014 to nearly £60 + water for 2014-2015! Although I think this increase is absolutely crazy I'm hoping it means I get closer to the top of the waiting list 😗

Apparently that's why some are coming up soon on national ave. Hope you get one too. I wonder if that's why they've put up the price. So they can get some people off the list or off allotments they are not using enough.

Sent from my iPad using Grow Your Own Forum

Comment

• That's what I was thinking, although tripling the price does seem a bit steep!

Comment

• £15 a year for full plot with water but im going to get my own water butt soon

Comment

• What size is your plot?

Comment

• Mine is 148sq meters at 20p per meter (£29.60) with communal access to water. But they have just introduced a £10 membership fee to raise money for site Maintanence. So all in all £39.60 for my slice of never ending, back breaking weeding.

Is it usual that you are charged for the area that includes one of the grass paths?

Comment

• My plot is about 200 square metres and costs me £5 a year. There's no water supplied but lots of plots have a well or they borrow a hosepipe from the surrounding houses. I collect all the water I need from off my shed roof.

I'm in Teesside and the lotties are owned by the membership. Some lady gave the land to the allotment owners many years ago.

Comment

• we have half width plots ie 5 rods wide 10 rods long. We have fresh running water taps along the plot and each plot costs £15 per year. We have the added benefit that there are two ponies right next door which we are allowed to gather manure from FOC.

Comment

• Here in Southampton I pay £60 a year with water plus £3 emergency fund and £4.10 for SAGA (Southampton Allotments and Gardens Assoc) membership. Plot is 10 rods. I think it's quite reasonable but reading other people's rents I'm a little envious.

Comment

• my plot on the private site is £80 p/a,plot size size -17yd's x 10yds , and on my new one a council site £30p/a, plot size 22yd's x 9yd's , the private site has free water , but no hoses , and some free horse manure yearly .

Comment

• I pay £15 for a 10m x 12m half plot....double for a full size. Includes water but that's it.

I'd actually like to see the rents go up and drag the site into the 21st century and purchase a community shed, rotorvator, strimmer as well as a few other improvements.
                          Please visit my facebook page for the garden i look after

https://www.facebook.com/PrestonRockGarden

Comment

• I pay £10 per year per plot. I have 3 plots side by side and use them as one. They are 25 meter x 10 meter each. There is no water supply.

Comment

• I pay £18/yr regardless of plot size... Ours is, i think, 12m x 7m. No water supply & nothing allowed to be over 5ft.

Sent from my iPad using Grow Your Own Forum

Comment

• Originally posted by kerryp View Post
                                nothing allowed to be over 5ft.
                                Not good for climbers then - I grow my beans up 8' canes so even with the bid in the ground and the slope of the frame they're over 6' up.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X