No announcement yet.

Wahey, Offer and contracts were sent out to me yesterday for my Allotment

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I checked out a google maps photo and located my plot on that and it was well cultivated when the photo was taken and possibly has a small shed to boot. I know it doesn't take mother nature long to reclaim some bare earth but at least I can see it wasnt lying unused for years which is nice.
    Documents received today and I will sign them and send them back asap and look forward to hearing when I can start, I may go take a crafty look after work today heh.
    My new Blog.

http://jamesandthegiantbeetroot.blogspot.com

Comment

I want a plot
      Winter is coming

Comment

Congrats and get some pictures up Jamesy
        An attempt to live a little more self-sufficient

Comment

You could always do what i did if you have long waiting lists and pester the council the list dropped like a rock when I prodded them for long enough. This bad weather helps as well because I suspect a lot of people cant be bothered this year and let their plots get overgrown and be reclaimed.
          My new Blog.

Comment

So I popped in after work to take a look and it appears someone used the plot to farm Opium only had a few mins as I had to get home and let my wife leave for work so I will have to do a more detailed assessment tomorrow when I have time.

Attached Files
            My new Blog.

Comment

Brilliant, Jamesy. Now all it has to do is stop raining! Do you have school holidays - handy if you do!
              Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

Originally posted by Jeanied View Post
                Brilliant, Jamesy. Now all it has to do is stop raining! Do you have school holidays - handy if you do!
                Unfortunately no, I don't get the school holidays I am full time Jeanie.
                I will return the signed paperwork tomorrow though and call the site liason and ask when it's o.k to get started I am guessing even though i get no benefit from the site they need paperwork confirmation and payment before I can stick a spade in the ground.
                My new Blog.

Comment

Looks great Jamesy, you will be eating your own produce in no time.
                  An attempt to live a little more self-sufficient

Comment

Meh, just had a chat with the allotment administration people at the council I was hoping as they now had my signed paperwork, or rather should have i'd be allowed to start on the site this weekend. Sadly I can't stick a spade in the ground until my Invoice has been drawn up and paid, I can see their point but it's not like I receive any benefit from the allotment in that window of a week I would just been doing the back breaker work clearing it.
                    My new Blog.

Comment

What a pity! It's always so exciting to get started with things. Hope you get it all sorted and get the spade in next w/e
                      Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

I went to the plot after work again with a bit more time and got talking to an old hand there who has been at the allotment for 40 years by the name of Joe and he offered some advice on the best growing round there and If I went down at the weekend introduce me to some of the other plot holders.
                        As a bonus when I explored the plot further I found at the back 2 compost bins, a wooden chest with a few tools in, some milk bottles the previous holder used for bird scarers and the best part a lot of established Raspberry and Red currant plants!

Downside the back corner with those fruits has a lot of bindweed so that is not going to be fun and there is some dumped rubbish plus a big old industrial size paint container ( the big white thing at the end of one of the pictures.
                        My new Blog.

Comment

It sounds better by the minute! You may not be able to dig a spade in but you could start the weeding of the bindweed. It has to be done some time

Comment

plus a big old industrial size paint container ( the big white thing at the end of one of the pictures.
                            Isn't that an IBC ? They're recycled bulk containers that previously had molasses, glucose syrup for beekeepingetc, now re-used as giant water butts...cost a fair bit - if you have one of them then that's a real plus !
                            You can always stick some cardboard down now, before ever you stick a spade in. By the time you get round to the cardboarded bit, it may have been down a couple of months....
                            Condolences on the bindweed. Repeat after me, "I will NOT use glyphosate, I WILL not use Glyphosate..."
                            There's no point reading history if you don't use the lessons it teaches.

Head-hunted member of the Nutter's Club - can I get my cranium back please ?

Comment

Holy cow, in a shocking fit of efficiency the council received my signed paperwork friday and today I got a reply confirming the paperwork and the plot is mine with 28 days to pay lol.
                              My new Blog.

Comment

Why are you spending time here, get to your plot and start digging

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X