Allotment size

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allotment size

I have been offered a half plot 4m v 14m which is a lot closer than my current full size plot. I will have a ploy on it just a bit worried it seems a tad small. Do you think this will be OK? I work full time so think a half one is the way to go

Whether it's too small or not depends on how much you want to grow. Maybe see if you can go and have a look at it, and try to imagine what you want to grow and how much of it, and how much space it might all take up.

4x14 is 56 square metres, which is quite small as far as allotments go (mine is twice that size, and even mine is considered a "half" plot, with full plots being around 200-220 square metres), but you may find it plenty for your needs if you don't want to grow too much.

Comment

If you take on the new plot would you perhaps have the option at a later date to transfer to a bigger allotment or maybe take on a second plot.
      Location ... Nottingham

Comment

Sounds like a good idea,it’ll be easier to manage,less weeding,watering,pest control should be quicker & closer so more time there. Plan on paper where you want each crop to see how much space to plan how many plants. A lot of people with big plots grow too much & give a lot away,it is possible to grow smaller amounts of everything you want to eat. I grow in the garden,you can grow a lot in a small space,companion planting,closer planting rather than having lots of paths & vertical planting etc have plants ready to go in when other plants finish etc.

Comment

Is there any chance if getting a bigger plot at the new location in the future?

Location makes a huge difference if you are working, as it cuts down travelling time and makes quick after-work (or before) doable.

Comment

Thanks for all the comments I decided to take it as cuts out all the trsvel

Comment

Anything is better than nothing, gengis. Best wishes for a great growing year.

Comment

1/2 a plot ( 5 Rods, pole or perches) is around 125Sq m so that sound more like a 1/4 plot. That said do you need a huge space? mine currently is 3 or 4 plots together so is about 1/3 acre but its £110pa and I had it for all my poultry . sadly its not a secure site and we had a lot of break ins last year so I've decided to give it up but for what I need to grow I can get away with a lot smaller space.
                ntg
                Never be afraid to try something new.
                Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
                A large group of professionals built the Titanic
                ==================================================

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X