Greenhouse over shed?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MyWifesBrassicas View Post
    And to think the Thames used to freeze over thick enough to hold frost fairs
    Sadly not in the 20 years I've been here (I'm from Bavaria, and sometimes miss being able to skate on frozen lakes).
    The veg is happy though

Comment

Originally posted by MelanieSW View Post
      Tbh, as we're in London, greenhouses aren't really that necessary, it's so mild. Cold frames are usually more than enough.
      Chillies suit GH growing rather than outdoors as they need a longer growing season than British summers can give and tomatoes need protection some years from the dreaded blight. I've given up growing outdoor tomatoes for this reason. I will only grow undercover.
      The extra heat growing under glass makes a huge difference to some plants during a cool Spring and an early Autumn.

Comment

Welcome PAP12 to the vine I think you have had nearly e dry reason for and against. Me I’m for a GH as I have both, havehad the shed for 12 years and got a poly tunnel this year.

Comment

Thanks everyone!
          I think I'll go greenhouse with a view to add a shed later if I feel it's needed

Comment

You can sit in a greenhouse when it’s raining, you can’t grow very much in a shed
            I may be hungry but I sure ain’t weird

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon the gardener View Post
              You can sit in a greenhouse when it’s raining, you can’t grow very much in a shed
              Can’t pee / ( other ) in a greenhouse.... well you can but someone is likely to complain...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X