• Show
Clear All

Here ya go, Ap.

Ooh, what big feet I have.

Comment

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/glenarm-...d_8345669.html

Warm, comfortable and relatively cheap

Comment

Hunters wellies socks are super....very pricey but really thick.

Comment

Last winter in the really bad snow I picked up the these little felt type booties, I seen them in the local hardware and remembered having them as a kid all those years ago. They are the warmest thing you could have on your feet, and the great thing is when you are coming inside they stay on your feet and leave the wellies at the back door.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2407EABF-B6C7-479B-BD1E-A48620C9DF12.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	445.8 KB
ID:	2385867

Click image for larger version

Name:	0B4C0CCA-0555-4D1D-ADC8-CC4C905D93B0.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	472.7 KB
ID:	2385868

Comment

Originally posted by mothhawk View Post
            I take out the insoles that come with the wellies and put these in instead

https://www.chimneysheep.co.uk/produ...nsoles-womens/

They are wonderfully warm and eco friendly too Being about 1cm thick, they really insulate my feet from the cold ground in wellies and keep my feet toasty
            Thank you for this recommendation. Ordered some before Christmas but after having gone down with a bug I've only just tried them out this morning. They are wonderful :-)

Thoroughly recommend these to anyone.

Comment

Battery heated socks... i kid you not!

Comment

Two considerations for those that suffer cold feet in thier welly boots.

1) Keep your wellys indoors near a radiator/heat source. That way when you put them on they don't freeze your feet for quite a while! I do a similar thing with my spanners if I'm planning to spend a cold day outside working on a motor, cold steel takes on a new meaning and you can delay the effect a lot.

2) As your feet are at the end of the extremities the blood needs to get to them already warm. Apart from decent boot insulation, thick and long welly socks and trousers thick enough to keep your blood warm make a difference. A long coat down over your thighs to keep the wind off also has a possitive effect.

Comment

If I was to put my mud-coated wellies anywhere near a radiator, I'm not sure I would be in a fit state to do any gardening for a while :-)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X