Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Big wave from a novice!! What would you have done differently?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• veggiechicken
    replied
    Croeso Nicky - I'm just over the mountain from you in Cardiff
    Could you post some photos of the allotment for us to have a nosey at? Perhaps tell us what is growing there now and what you would like to grow this year. Then we can give you more specific advice on what to do.

Leave a comment:

• Bigmallly
    replied
    Welcome to the vine Nicky. One of the first lessons I learned was protection of crops. Fruit bushes & Brassicas in particularly benefit from some kind of netting structure to protect against birds & butterflies.

Leave a comment:

• Nannysally99
    replied
    Good luck with your allotment, I'm sure your Dad would have been proud of you. I don't have an allotment, but someone who does will be along real soon.

Leave a comment:

• Big wave from a novice!! What would you have done differently?

Hi there! I have taken over my late dad's allotment with my sister in law after he passed away in September. I wish I had asked him so many questions! I live in the South Wales valleys so a water shortage is not a usual problem! I have avidly reading an assortment of allotment books and magazines and really learning on the job!

I wondered, if you could give yourself some advice from when you first had an allotment, what would it be? What pitfalls should we be looking out for? We really want to do my dad's memory and his plot proud.

Thank you for any advice-I look forward to learning from you all xxx

Nickyx

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X