Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purple Primrose
    replied
    Hi, Trev, and welcome to the site. Getting hold of an allotment is great - so many things you could grow on it...
    • Before you go and buy lots of seeds from the big name suppliers, you might want to have a look at some of the posts on here that mention some of the less well-known companies that produce good seed but at a much reduced price.
    • If your allotment is in good condition (and you've planned what you want to put where), you might want to consider planting raspberries, blackberries, blackcurrants etc shortly - late autumn is a good time to do that.
    • Depending on which part of the country you're in, garlic could go in now too (wait for spring if you're in a very high rainfall area).
    Anyway, congratulations on getting your allotment and have fun looking at all the possibilities for what you could grow.

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Hello and welcome to the vine Trev there's lots of info here on the forum find a comfy chair and have a browse.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Hi Trev - and Welcome to the Vine

I know exactly how you feel - bet you can’t stop grinning!

Ask away , there are no stupid questions on here - we’re all happy to help because we have all appreciated helpful advise from others when we started out too!
    It’s a learning curve and we’re all learning new things as we go along as well as having a bit of fun banter.
    Be aware - you won’t generally get a unanimous answer as we all have slightly different growing environments and what works for one doesn’t for someone else.
    You’ll soon get the feel for your plot though

so…ask away!

And the answer to your first question might well be “ a folding chair , a pen and paper and a flask of something hot”

Leave a comment:

• greenishfing
    replied
    Welcome and I hope your allotment gives you lots of enjoyment.

Leave a comment:

• Trev-P
    started a topic Hello all Newbie signing on!

Hello all Newbie signing on!

Hi all,

I Signed up for an allotment about 2 years ago now and I have just had the call that one is available for mr to look at next week ,

I have no idea on size or state of it as yet but feeling like a kid in a sweet shop but also nervous with anticipation. I am totally new to the world of veg growing so hopefully the start of a long journy ahead,

No doubt I will be on here asking stupid questions so apologies in advance but looking forward to it,

Regards

Trev

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X